Welcome to Defrank's Flies Tying Tutorials

Over the years, I have found that the best way to grow as a tyer and fisherman is not only by practice, but by sharing knowledge with others. So, I have created this tutuorial site for all tyers, novice, intermediate and advanced alike, with a desire to constantly improve their skills and share my knowledge and experience tying Salmon, Steelhead and Trout fly fishing patterns with other tyers.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Steelhead Blood Worm



Perfect your technique on uniform bodies made of vinyl rib (D-rib)

This fly was one of our best producers for Steelhead this Fall Guide Season.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy your blog and tying videos, thanks for putting them up... What size hook do you use for the Steelhead Blood Worm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Doug, glad you enjoy them.Daiichi 1760 size 10-12
    I will be posting more videos as time allows me. It is one of our busy times of the year and our Steelhead Guide Season starts soon.

    ReplyDelete